Tuesday, September 16, 2008

In the Spotlight


When I was 7 months old I was introduced to the world of dog shows.  My very first one was on outdoor show and it was VERY hot.  Dawn gave me a good bath and told me how handsome I was to get me all ready for my very first time in the ring.  My friend Jeanine put my shiny collar on me and away we went.  Dawn was pretty nervous to see how I would do and wondered if I would be a good boy for Jeanine.  I am not sure what she was worried about I am always good.  To be honest, I am not sure what the fuss is all about.  We relax beside the ring, then we go in and stand around while I get treats, then we run around a bit, more treats and then a big hug ... pretty easy really.  Here is a picture of me at my first show.  I won Winners Dog, Best of Winners AND Best of Breed as a little baby.  Dawn was pretty excited.  I just loved the treats.   

Next we played outside again at attended a german style sieger show.   There was a lot of standing around again but this time I got to play with toys that Dawn was showing me from outside of the ring.  In this show the judge uses a microphone and tells everyone what he thinks of how I look.  I wasn't listening but Dawn told me that he said nice things.  I met a new friend here.  Her name is Gwen and she helped me look my very best for the judge and we got to run around the ring together.  It was a lot of fun.  I was first in my class and got a VP-1 rating.  Dawn tells me that that is great.  This show was a lot of fun and I hope that I will get to go to one again some day.  Here are a few of my pictures.



I got the last points that I needed at the Camrose show when I was a little bit older.  Jeanine went into the ring with me again and I was such a good boy.  I stood like I was supposed to and I did not even wiggle when the judge checked me out.  There were lots of treats again ... and lots of hugs and kisses when we came out of the ring.  I think I like this show biz stuff!!  I am now a Canadian Champion.  Here are more pictures AGAIN!!



I am now known as
  Ch Esmond's U Can't See Me

Next ...  fun in the snow
Kamo

No comments: