Saturday, September 20, 2008

Swimmin' With the Fishes

My very, very favorite thing to do in the whole entire world is SWIMMING.  I could swim for hours and hours without stopping.  It is so much fun.  I was not very sure about the swimming stuff when I was little though.  I needed a lot of coaxing to get in the water and even then I was the king of wading.  This was my idea of swimming:

Dawn would throw the stick and Wynnie would go get it ...

Then I would take it from her ...

... And run over the hill triumphant!!!
Soon I was given my very own life jacket ... remember safety first!!  I followed Wynnie into the water but I was still just wanting to go up to my chest.  It is very scary to not have my feet on the ground, but I wanted to have that stick so bad.  The best I could do was splash around and bark a lot.  I might not have been able to swim but I could make a HUGE splash!
  
Whoo Hoo!!  In coming
SPLASH!!!
Eventually I had to be brave ... I mean really, could I let a little australian shepherd get the stick all the time??  I think not!   I started by wadding in deeper and deeper and then one day I just jumped in.  Then I think I might have almost drank all the water in the dug out!  YUCK.  But I did it and I was pretty proud of myself.  I started swimming more and more and soon I was not even tasting the water.  

Look at me go
I love it when Logan comes to the lake with me.  We have so much fun.  I can't wait until he can throw the ball really far.

He is my best friend

Now I am a very strong swimmer.  Dawn and I go to the lake almost every day in the summer time.  I know the way now and when we get in the Jeep to go I can hardly contain myself.  I can swim so far out now.  I am such a big boy :o)


If you get a moment to take a dip in a cool lake ... throw a ball for me!  

Next ~ I meet some wollies!

Tail wags, 
Kamo

No comments: